Date: 9/6/17 5:57 pm
From: Scott Baron <baron.scott...>
Subject: Fwd: [MDBirding] Swan Creek updates 9/6/2017
I had my first visit today to Swan Creek Wetland in Anne Arundel County.
It certainly does attract a good variety of birds!

One caution for those who are looking for the Sharp-tailed Sandpiper is
that the field marks on this individual are far from obvious. Until Dan H.
arrived and kindly helped us get on the bird, we struggled to pick out the
Sharp-tailed from the Pectorals that were present. Perhaps others more
familiar with the bird can chime in but I would be hard pressed to pick out
the Sharp-tailed from a line up tomorrow if I had to. Other birders who
were there felt the same way!

Please remember to park at the end of the road and sign in at the trailer.
You must bird from a small area at the end of the road.

Thank you, Matt H., Dan H. and everyone else for finding the bird and for
posting updates.

Happy birding,

Scott Baron
Gaithersburg, Md.