Date: 9/5/17 9:42 am
From: greg hanisek via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Skimmer still, 2 Lesser Black-backs
This a.m. the juvenile Black Skimmer remained in place at the Birdseye Boat Launch, Stratford. Also on Long Beach, Stratford, I was photographing an adult Lesser Black-backed Gull when another dark-mantled gull dropped into my view finder next to it. I thought I was going to get Lesser and Great side by side, but - rats! - it was just a 2nd adult Lesser Black-backed :)
Also at end of Long Beach parking lot I had great views of molting adult male and female and fresh juv Boat-tailed Grackles (about 25 total; most juvs with very short tails). They were in the open drinking from puddles but hard to count because they kept bouncing in and out of large shrubs on the dune. They were never all out in the open together. Then a juv Merlin scattered them.
Greg HanisekWaterbury