Date: 9/4/17 6:22 pm
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: Allegheny Front (04 Sep 2017) 3 Raptors

SK 0 0 1

Total: 3 94 514

Observation start time: 09:00:00
Observation end time: 16:00:00
Total observation time: 7 hours

Official Counter: Deb Bodenschatz

Observers: Bob Stewart, Ed Gowarty

Weather:
Warm and mostly sunny with WSW winds at 10-15 mpph

Raptor Observations:
We had two migrating Bald Eagles, a 4th year sub adult at 1:22 and an adult
at 3:17. We had one non-migrating Broadwing and one non- migrating
Red-tailed Hawk. We also had 3 Turkey Vultures, one of which had a white
tag on its right wing. It did not get close enough to see if the tag was
numbered.

Non-raptor Observations:
Goldfinch 2, Blue Jay 3, Pileated Woodpecker 1, Red-eyed Vireo 1, Towhee 1,
Cedar Waxwing 5, Chimney Swift 6, Red-throated Hummingbird 3, Mourning Dove
1, Tree Swallow 2, Raven 1.

Butterflies: Monarch 36
A great number of Black Swallowtail, Tiger Swallowtail, Cabbage,
Sulphuric, Red-spotted Purple, Pearl Crescent and Summer Azure.
There was a also a great number of dragonflies.

Predictions:
Thundershowers expected all day with a WSW wind at about 10 mph and a high
temperature of 18.8 C.
Report submitted by Deb Bodenschatz (<debbiebodenschatz...>)

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=111

Join us on Facebook!