Date: 9/4/17 4:54 pm
From: Ed Swan <Edswan2...>
Subject: RE: [Tweeters] Big Island/Hawaii
Hi Jane, the last time I want to the Big Island I went on a day trip with
Jack Jeffries http://www.jackjeffreyphoto.com/tours.html. He's a retired
wildlife biologist that worked for years in the remote areas with the
endemic bird species and knows extremely well where they're at and their
biology. He's also very customer friendly, I would highly recommend him.
Also, he gave me tips on where to get Lavender Waxbill and the
Bristle-thighed Curlew on my own that I hadn't managed in earlier trips.

I've also done trips in the past on the Big Island with
<https://www.hawaii-forest.com/> Hawaii Forest & Trail a couple of times. I
found their guides pretty good (though Jeffries was superior in experience,
over all knowledge and in delivery on finding all the relevant species
possible) but their office staff and the work to get information and get
signed up was not so good. It's been several years, maybe that has
improved.

Have a good trip,

Ed

Ed Swan