Date: 9/4/17 1:37 pm
From: Keith McMullen <warbler7...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Red Knot, Swan Lake
16 species of shorebirds including aforementioned Red Knot,
Ruddy Turnstone, 2 RN Phalaropes, 2 Sanderling.
No big shorebirds!
Lots of ducks.
2 Peregrine Falcons joined the party and kept shaking things up.
To me, the shorebirds were chowing down ahead of the big frontal system coming in tonight. My guess is these guys will be leaving but hopefully I'm wrong and they'll stick around for others to enjoy!
Good birdings!
Keith

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 4, 2017, at 12:20 PM, Keith McMullen <warbler7...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:
>
> Hi everybody,
> I just discovered a RED kNOT at Swan Lake among 3000+ shorebirds.
> This is likely the same bird that the St. Louis Audubon group had at Gilbert lake on Saturday.
> Still looking for more!
> Keith McMullen
> O'Fallon, IL
> <Warbler7...>