Date: 9/4/17 11:48 am
From: Stephen Johnson via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: Re: [Va-bird] [va-bird] Sep 4, 2017

Hi Scott,

I agree on all counts, based on our 3 birding efforts here in Fairfax County. Lynn and I today visited Waples Mill Meadow park, the Difficult Stream woods west of Hunter Mill Road, and our home patch.

A beautiful morning and afternoon, a few nice birds, and almost no migrants.

What did others find today, I'm curious??

Our highlight (by a country mile) was a very cooperative adult Barred Owl in the Difficult Stream woods. We see them there regularly. The migration total for our 3 locations was (one of each) Hummingbird, Redstart, and Chestnut-sided Warbler.

Steve Johnson and Lynn Rafferty
Fairfax, Virginia