Date: 9/3/17 10:20 am
From: Adam Winer <awiner...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Mount Davidson Sept. 3 and 2nd; and continuing California Thrasher
I was at Mt. Davidson this morning from about 7:15am to around 9:15am,
overlapping with Ken for a half hour.

Highlight for me was a single MACGILLIVRAY'S WARBLER down at 4-x which
briefly came up in a cypress.

Also seen:
- 1 HERMIT WARBLER lowish in a euc below the summit
- 1 RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH at the summit
- 2 HOUSE WRENS chasing each other around near the summit

Also around - lots of Western Tanagers, a couple of Warbling Vireos, 1
Hutton's Vireo, 1 Bewick's Wren, 1 Spotted Towhee, and a few Black-headed
Grosbeak. All-in-all a nice morning.

Yesterday, Mount Davidson was *much* slower in the oppressive heat, even at
dawn. A single AMERICAN KESTREL flying north at dawn was as interesting as
it got; other migrants were a mere 2 Western Tanagers and 1 House Wren.
On the way home (again, yesterday), I stopped at Clipper Terrace Gardens
and the continuing CALIFORNIA THRASHER was conspicuously calling high in a
bush at the intersection of Clipper Terrace and High Street.

-- Adam

On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 8:37 AM <kschnei1...> [SFBirds] <
<SFBirds-noreply...> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I birded Mt. Davidson from 0640-0755 today - decent numbers of some of the
> expected passerine migrants were noted. Adam Winer was present towards the
> end of my visit and was spotting a lot of birds - he may have more to add
> later. A very early Sooty-type FOX SPARROW was seen near the summit, by
> both of us - photos in my eBird checklist here:

> Good birding!
>

> Ken Schneider
>
> Noe Valley

Join us on Facebook!