Date: 9/2/17 8:54 pm
From: Bob Archer <rabican1...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Local RBA Sabine's Gull
A few years ago I put this map together about Sturgeon Lake and Sauvie Is.
It is on the ECAS website under Multnomah County. Probably should be under
Columbia as well, last I checked at least.

Any hoot, I put a blue star on the "west arm" Phil was talking about. Gulls
were here. Phil et al were on the shore nearest "The Wash" I was on
opposite shore near The Narrows.

https://www.google.com/maps/@45.7360745,-122.818881,1788m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!6m1!1s1dEUxfGsm5YqfID7Gaz2x6XeuzgU

Bob Archer

On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 7:48 PM, Ashwin S. <orfrigatebird...> wrote:

> How does one bird the area around the "Wash" on Sauvie Island? Are there
> trails from the boat ramp at 45.743333, -122.815276? And how does one
> access the east shore of the Wash?
>
> Any maps of the area and/or coordinates of where the birds were seen would
> be highly appreciated!
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!
>
> Ashwin S.
> Beaverton, OR
>
> On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Philip Kline <pgeorgekline...>
> wrote:
>
>> Most of the sand banks with gulls and shorebirds were much closer to the
>> eastern shore south of the Wash. Viewing conditions were perfect in the
>> morning. Afternoon viewing will likely be better from the western shore
>> from the narrows area where Bob was this morning, although the birds will
>> likely be farther away.
>>
>> Ebird checklist with photos for those in digest only mode:
>>
>> http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S38956647
>>

>> On Sep 2, 2017 2:01 PM, "Bob Archer" <rabican1...> wrote:
>>
>> At 10:30 I scanned (looking into bright sun) the mud flats and saw two
>> small gulls, both same size, both flew, they were Sabine's. A smaller gull
>> could have been up there on other side and I simply missed it. Certainly
>> best to view the area as the Nick, Phil and Sarah gang did.
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 12:22 PM, Philip Kline <pgeorgekline...>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It even appears to have pink legs in the photo where it's standing.

Join us on Facebook!