Date: 9/2/17 7:48 pm
From: Ashwin S. <orfrigatebird...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Local RBA Sabine's Gull
How does one bird the area around the "Wash" on Sauvie Island? Are there
trails from the boat ramp at 45.743333, -122.815276? And how does one
access the east shore of the Wash?

Any maps of the area and/or coordinates of where the birds were seen would
be highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Ashwin S.
Beaverton, OR

On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Philip Kline <pgeorgekline...> wrote:

> Most of the sand banks with gulls and shorebirds were much closer to the
> eastern shore south of the Wash. Viewing conditions were perfect in the
> morning. Afternoon viewing will likely be better from the western shore
> from the narrows area where Bob was this morning, although the birds will
> likely be farther away.
>
> Ebird checklist with photos for those in digest only mode:

> On Sep 2, 2017 2:01 PM, "Bob Archer" <rabican1...> wrote:
>
> At 10:30 I scanned (looking into bright sun) the mud flats and saw two
> small gulls, both same size, both flew, they were Sabine's. A smaller gull
> could have been up there on other side and I simply missed it. Certainly
> best to view the area as the Nick, Phil and Sarah gang did.
>
> Bob
>
> On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 12:22 PM, Philip Kline <pgeorgekline...>
> wrote:
>
>> It even appears to have pink legs in the photo where it's standing.
>>
>> On Sep 2, 2017 12:20 PM, "Philip Kline" <pgeorgekline...> wrote:
>>
>>> After looking at photos, I'm wondering if the darker juvenile we saw is
>>> possibly a little gull. Could be a false alarm, but if anyone heads out
>>> there looming for the Sabine's and sees the two juvies, pay close attention
>>> to the darker one.
>>>
>>> On Sep 2, 2017 10:28 AM, "Bob Archer" <rabican1...> wrote:
>>>
>>> One adult and one juvie out on lake at The Narrows, Sauvie Is Columbia
>>> County.
>>>
>>> Bob Archer
>>> PdxPOST: Send your post to <obol...>
>>> JOIN OR QUIT: http://www.freelists.org/list/obol