Date: 9/2/17 2:59 am
From: Wim van Dam <wim.van.dam...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] 2017 Summer update of Lehman's Birds of Santa Barbara County
Dear county birders,

Paul Lehman has once again updated his Birds of Santa Barbara County
(BOSBC) and this August 2017 edition can be freely downloaded (as an epub
or pdf file) here: https://sites.google.com/site/lehmanbosbc/

This site also contains a pdf of the county map, clarifying the districts
and locations that BOSBC uses. We excluded this map (as well as the
original 1994 photos and drawings) to prevent the files from getting too
big.

When relying upon this resource, please use the recommended citation:
Lehman, P. E. "The Birds of Santa Barbara County, California", Revised
edition, August 2017, available at https://sites.google.com/site/lehmanbosbc
/, 2017. Original edition: The Vertebrate Museum, University of California,
Santa Barbara, 1994.

I'll end by repeating Paul's request for additional information:

Input from the birding public is eagerly sought. If you have corrections or
> other information that would be valuable to include in any of the species
> accounts, please submit it, preferably labelled "BOSBC", to
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sbcobirding . But recent records from the
> current 'season' should be sent to county compiler Dave Compton (
> davcompton@...). We will consider these data for all future updates. This
> electronic publication can be modified easily, and the plans are to do so
> on a regular basis.[...] Feel free to comment privately to Paul as well,
> but we encourage suggested changes to be posted publicly on the sbcobirding
> site, so that we can all share in this potential new information.

Technical questions or remarks regarding the site and its files should be
emailed to Wim van Dam.

Thanks Paul.

Wim van Dam (Solvang, CA)
---