Date: 9/1/17 7:17 pm
From: James Pike <jimpike444...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [OrangeCountyBirding] Ruff
Dave,

I compared the dark shading on the bill of the reeve you photographed today
with that on the bill of the bird in the Prado Basin on 30 March 2017.

Dave's bird at the top of the page:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/107921944@N04/

Prado bird halfway down the page, after the mocking anti-Trump photo:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140329376@N06/

To my eye, they are an exact match, thus confirming to my satisfaction that
this recurring post-breeding visitant to Anaheim is the same bird as has
been visiting the Chino/Prado Basin during roughly the same time frame. Not
much of a surprise, but tricky to prove.

Jim Pike
HB

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 4:15 PM, <dave_telford...>
[OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...> wrote:

> Today 9-1-17 at 10:am My wife and I found the Ruff in the Santa River bed
> about 75 yards down stream from the Imperial street bridge.
>

> Photo in flickr
>
> https.//www.flickr.com/x/t/0090009/photos/107921944@N04/36132532484/
>

> Dave Telford
>
> Huntington Beach