Date: 8/31/17 11:11 pm
From: Wim van Dam <wim.van.dam...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [sbcobirding] Looking for comments on a light dove
To me its color, primaries, and undertail all look good for African
Collared-Dove. However, Kimball Garrett says that you should hear it call
to separate African from Eurasian CD:

Wim van Dam (Solvang, CA)

PS: Does anyone have more news about that California Condor near the
101/Santa Maria that got reported yesterday on eBird?

---
SBCO #375: Gray Catbird

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:33 PM, <peterschneekloth...> [sbcobirding] <
<sbcobirding-noreply...> wrote:

> Not the most exciting topic perhaps but I have a very light dove appearing
> where I work. I see a number of doves that look a bit lighter but still
> seem to fall into the Eurasian Collared bucket. This one seems quite a bit
> lighter. I know there are all sorts of escapees etc out there but just
> curious what folks think about this one. Three photo's here:
>

> https://www.flickr.com/photos/55934026@N05/36118305674/in/
> dateposted-public/
>

> Peter Schneekloth
>
> Buellton