Date: 8/30/17 5:39 pm
From: Arthur Shippee via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Hamden: Waite bridge & causeway Lake Whitney, Aug 30, 2017
We just happened to be on the Waite St. bridge over upper Lake Whitney, Hamden, when squadrons of Nighthawks came streaming by. At least 60 in the first group, and at least 40 more a bit later.

I've not seen any for a couple of years -- and never nearly this number. It was almost done before I could be amazed.

ebird report below. Also today: 4 Green Heron in Big Avis kettle hole in North Lake Dr., & our now resident Screech Owl, about 8:20.

Arthur Shippee & Mary Porterfield,
North Lake Dr./