Date: 8/29/17 10:27 am
From: phil Pryde <PhilPinSD...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Painting Bunting
The juvenile a/o female Painted Bunting at the TJRV Community Garden was seen very briefly this morning at around 8:30.
It initially flew in low showing a unicolor greenish topside with no trace of any white feathering at all. It seemed to be enjoying the company of Lesser Goldfinches, of which there many around; it was definitely LEGO land (sorry, I couldn’t resist that). A later view conformed a bunting-type bill and no sign of any white on the underside. Unfortunately I was by myself when it flew in; after Eric and others converged on the site it didn’t feel like showing itself again, at least while I was there. The exact spot where I saw it was in bushes along the dirt road on the west side of the cultivated plots, approximately on the other (west) side of the dirt road from plot #122.
Phil Pryde
San Diego

<philpinsd...>
sandiegoregionbook.com