Date: 8/29/17 10:06 am
From: <mchiplis...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Vultures - McCook TARP Reservoir
The Metropolitan Water Reclamation District had a public tour last weekend, so I had a chance to see the amazing McCook TARP reservoir in Hodgkins. There was a flock of vultures there, riding the updrafts. The tour group was restricted on where we could stand, so we couldn't see if there was a carcass below. Video at the link-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/19138871@N00/36064739003/in/dateposted-public/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/19138871@N00/36064739003/in/dateposted-public/

Four more upcoming dates for the tour- I highly recommend it-
WHEN: Sundays: Aug. 6 and 27, Sept. 17 and 24, Oct. 1 and 15 between 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Each tour takes approx. two hours. Please wear sturdy footwear; no sandals, high heels, shorts or dresses allowed.
TO RESERVE SPACE ON THE TOUR: Call 312-751-6632 or email <tours...> mailto:<tours...>
https://suburbanchicagoland.com/2017/07/17/water-reclamation-district-opens-the-mccook-reservoir-to-public-viewing/ https://suburbanchicagoland.com/2017/07/17/water-reclamation-district-opens-the-mccook-reservoir-to-public-viewing/

Join us on Facebook!