Date: 8/28/17 8:05 pm
From: Douglas Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Boone & Story Co. warblers & flycatchers
Birding at Ledges State Park (Boone) and Emma McCarthy Lee City Park (Ames)
this morning, I managed to find a nice variety of mostly woodland birds.
Some of the best I observed today were as follows (L=Ledges; E=Emma Lee
Park):

Yellow-billed Cuckoo (L)
Red-headed Woodpeckers (L)--at least 5
Olive-sided Flycatcher (L)
Acadian Flycatcher (L)
Least Flycatcher (L & E)--at least 18-20
Philadelphia Vireo (L)
Carolina Wren (L)
Ruby-crowned Kinglet (L)--2
Swainson's Thrush (L)