Date: 8/28/17 1:59 pm
From: Mary Strasser <mrstrass...>
Subject: [wisb] Orioles still coming to feeders in La Crosse County
In response to an inquiry as to whether orioles are still in the southern portions of Wisconsin, I can attest to the fact that they are definitely still in the La Crosse area in south central part of Wisconsin.
As of today there are adult and immature Baltimore orioles of both sexes coming to my mealworm and grape jelly feeders. I am seeing up to six coming at one time this week.

I am no longer seeing the orchard oriole family that graced our backyard earlier in the summer. I expect the Baltimore group will be mostly gone by the end of the first week in September, which has been their usual departure time for many years now.

Mary Strasser in southeast La Crosse
La Crosse County

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkIdU0986> for Windows 10