Date: 8/27/17 11:38 am
From: Karen Viste-Sparkman <vistesparrow...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Saylorville area birds
This morning Stuart and I took Harney the wonder dog to Saylorville, where
we checked the beaches, then walked both picnic areas at Cherry Glen and
Oak Grove. A RUDDY TURNSTONE and BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER continued at
Cherry Glen, with the Turnstone flying in to Oak Grove while we were there.
We found some mixed flocks at the picnic areas that included 7 species of
warblers, including 3 CANADA WARBLERS, 2 BLACKBURNIAN WARBLERS, single
WILSON'S, BLACK-AND-WHITE, and TENNESSEE WARBLERS, and at least 10
CHESTNUT-SIDED WARBLERS.

Karen Viste-Sparkman
Des Moines

--
“Remember that all through history, there have been tyrants and murderers,
and for a time, they seem invincible. But in the end, they always fall.