Date: 8/27/17 7:34 am
From: G & J Fenton Friesen <friesen.fenton...>
Subject: Re: Roseate Spoonbill McPherson County near Inman
A little more specific on the Roseate Spoonbill. seen this AM at the Little
/ BIg Sinkhole near Inman, KS. I walked the dike from 10th Ave (Rd)
walking to the west. The dike path takes off just a bit sound on 10th Ave
from the curve around the big sinkhole. A waterway separates the dike from
the pool where the egrets and the spoonbill were feeding. My look was of a
large pink bird flying away. I'm not sure what put them to flight as I
could not see them.

Additional birds included a Peregrine Falcon diving at shorebirds and once
even a duck along with a number of shorebirds (had to ID as it was very
dark from an approaching storm). Two Northern Harriers were working the
fields around the sinkholes. I had never walked back into this area
before. Even if the spoonbill ends up not being present one would have a
great birding experience at this location. I would have birded longer but
a cold front in the form of a thunderstorm moved in.

Gregg

--
Gregg & Joanna Fenton Friesen
Newton, KS