Date: 8/26/17 11:58 am
From: jacobtee via IA-BIRD <ia-bird...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Pinchey Bottoms Shorebirds- Marion Co.
I ran into Tommy Stone at Pinchey Bottoms this morning and we spent a couple of hours sifting through the 2000 or so shorebirds that were present. We ended up with 17 species, including 41 (!!) Red-necked Phalaropes, 4 American Avocets, 3 Buff-breasted Sandpipers, 1 Wilson's Phalarope, and 1 Sanderling. Pectoral, Least, and Stilt Sandpipers were the predominant species present.

Good birding...

Jay Gilliam
Norwalk, IA