Date: 8/26/17 6:45 am
From: greg hanisek via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Buff-breasted Sandy Point
Took an early walk to end of outer bar early this a.m. Pretty quiet with modest numbers of expected shorebirds and essentially no terns. However, on the way back I had a Buff-breasted Sandpiper about 3/4 of the way back on the dunes. I had walked to the highest part of the beach to see the lagoon with light behind me. A shorebird, which I thought would be a Spotted Sandpiper, jumped onto a small sand  opening among the dune plants. It turned out to be a Buff-breasted and was much more wary than many of them are. It was very aware of my presence and circled around me several times before I left. It made short hops along the dune, flew out and around me, back to the dunes and repeated.
Greg HanisekWaterbury