Date: 8/24/17 2:11 pm
From: Tim Houghton <timhoughton...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Mournings, CONNECTICUT at cromwell
Awesome day at Cromwell. Brad found an imm Mourning warbler in the middle of the sparrow field. It flew to brush by the creek and I noticed other birds in the area and went there. I then saw what appeared to be a Connecticut! Amazing. The birds moved along the creek and I followed after getting in the largely dried-up creek bed. I got a couple of more looks at both birds--and then the really cool part. The Conn was near the bottom of a tree (near creek and where sp. field joins the woods). Meanwhile the imm Mourning was a little higher in the same tree, and when I looked at it, I found an adult male MOWA with it! Just amazing. A Canada was also in the area, along with a couple of yellowthroats.

We ran into another really nice flock between boxes 10 and 11 (11 is now just a pole--no box there). We found an adult male Blackburnian and an adult male Wilson's. Nearby a Least Fly, too. (A female BLBW was up the trail behind the yellow barn.) Finally, we found the THIRD Mourning warbler, also in the same area. Later in the morning we discovered an olive-sided flycatcher across from the house that's near the kiln.

Tim Houghton
Glen Arm