Date: 8/23/17 7:29 am
From: birdrecords <birdrecords...>
Subject: [NHBirds] New Hot Spot for Least Bittern, W. Lebanon
For eBird Users:

There is now a Hot Spot for the area where the Least Bittern has been seen in W. Lebanon called "Cranberry Pond wetlands behind shopping center, W. Lebanon." It may not show up in eBird for a few hours. It would be helpful if those who bird there could use the Hot Spot from now on so all reports are under the same location and easy to find. If you have already entered the sighting you can easily merge your personal location with the Hotspot, so please take a minute to do so. Here are the instructions:

TO MERGE A LOCATION:
1. Click on "My EBird" at the top right of any page
2. Click on "Manage my locations" on the list on the right
3. Find the location that you want to merge
4. At the far right of the site entry, click "edit".
5. This should pull up a map with your location at the center and several round "radio buttons" above the map next to the words: Rename, Move, Merge.
6. Click the "Merge" button and pre-existing hot spots should appear on the map as red "pins" and your personal locations as blue "pins".
7. Click on the hot spot you wish to merge your location WITH (your location will be indicated by a green and red symbol). The name of the hot spot will appear at the top of the map indicating how many checklists you are merging with that spot.
8. We highly recommend that you check the box next to "delete after merging" - this will not delete your data or the merged location, it will simply delete that original location so you won't be tempted to use it again.
9. Click on the square box labeled "Merge"
10. eBird will ask if you are sure. Double check before you click "Yes" as this action can't be undone!

All your records for the old location will get relabeled in the database as the pre-existing hot spot. This is the location that will now appear in "my locations." You can always rename a hot spot within your "my locations" list, but that won't change the name in the eBird database.

Kathryn Frieden and Becky Suomala

New Hampshire Bird Records
All about birds and birding in New Hampshire
www.nhbirdrecords.org<http://www.nhbirdrecords.org>