Date: 8/22/17 8:19 pm
From: Jeff Hansen <jeff.hansen.sd...>
Subject: Buff Breasted sandpiper
I occassionally look for shorebirds at the Topeka soccer fields that are
located off Silver Lake Road. Well after our 4 inch rain, there was
plenty of flooding there. Water collected in one part and there was a
lone buff breasted sandpiper, pectorals and a few other peeps. The
buffy was really close and I could see its yellow legs. But I didn't
have the bracket for my camera to sit on the tripod. Then the kids
started arriving and running around and scared the birds off. Might be
good to check out tomorrow in hte early afternoon.

Jeff Hansen

Topeka

--

Jeff Hansen