Date: 8/12/17 12:06 pm
From: Janet Kelly <chamkell...>
Subject: Re: [RV Birds] Re: feeder observations
There are still young BHG's in my yard, hear and see them in the mornings... also a RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH did visit my bird bath one time for a quick drink a few years ago, haven't seen one since, that too was unusual for my place.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 12, 2017, at 12:00 PM, rdm <wsjaybird...><mailto:<wsjaybird...>> wrote:

One adult and one juvenile BH Grosbeak came to our feeder this week. Use a couple use the feeder occasionally fall-Spring. A Spotted Towhee and two CA Towhees also showed up this week. They usually leave for the breeding season.

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 7:04:05 AM UTC-7, barbara massey wrote:
There has been a small flock of Black-headed Grosbeaks at my backyard feeder for over a week. As many as 7 feed on the sunflower seeds together and at all times of day. This is a new phenomenon this summer, previously only an occasional single bird has been seen. The grosbeaks are not territorial about the feeder; Black-capped Chickadee and Oak Titmouse are allowed to join them without conflict. And yesterday the flock was joined by a Red-breasted Nuthatch, which was a first in 18 years of observations. This montane species is unusual in the valley even in winter.