Date: 8/9/17 6:17 am
From: Preston Lust via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Gorham Island Migrants
8/9/17, 4:30 AM-8:20 AM -- Gorham Island, Westport

Nocturnal migration was in full swing at Gorham Island. I heard numerous waterthrushes, redstarts, ovenbirds, chipping sparrows, indigo buntings, and "zeep" complex warblers. Once the sun rose there were many interesting flyovers, including 2 PURPLE FINCHES, 3 blue-gray gnatcatchers, as well as several species of warblers. At this point I was joined by Jory Teltser. We looked through the many shorebirds and found 1 WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER. Unfortunately, however, we witnessed the death of a northern waterthrush, which we saw collide into the reflective glass of the office building. Such deaths are commonplace at Gorham Island.

Preston Lust, Westport