Date: 8/8/17 4:30 pm
From: Brian Johnson <buntingrobinjay...>
Subject: [cobirds] Lark Bunting, Gilpin County
Today I deiced to explore Gilipn County some more and add to my life
checklist. Rather than head over to Golden Gate state park I went exploring
and found East Portal Trailhead. While that was an amazing walk what took
the prize today was a *LARK BUNTING* between 8 or 9 thousand feet. I was
rather surprised at this find and took a picture. This was not found at the
trailhead but along the road, Tolland Road, county road 16, west of
Rollinsvile. I found it in a meadow past the sign that warned of private
property the next mile and a half, so you can't leave your car here. I
first noticed a flock of mountain bluebirds and there on the fence was the
lark bunting. A female was present but I could not photograph her. But I
manged to photo the male, which I know was rare for the location. Here is
my checklist for the road, the point I created was the meadow of the road
where I saw the birds. Funny thing was I did not plan on creating a
checklist here.

https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S38548977

Brian Johnson,
Englewood Co