Date: 8/6/17 8:42 am
From: greg hanisek via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Early morning flight
Couldn't resist checking out Lighthouse Point, New Haven, on this fall-like day. As expected, the mid-summer Red-winged Blackbird flight was in full swing. From 7 to 9 a.m. I counted c 2300. Other migrants were in modest numbers - c 65 Cedar Waxwings, c 20 Chimney Swifts and Tree Swallows; and just 2 Eastern Kingbirds. I only heard one Bobolink and couldn't locate it in the sky  to see if it was part of a flock. There were a few Yellow Warblers present but no noticeable movement, and Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, which sometimes stage good visible movements at this time of year, were not in evidence.
Greg HanisekWaterbury

On Sunday, August 6, 2017 7:27 AM, Tina and Peter Green via CTBirds <ctbirds...> wrote:

Westport- Since 6:45 this morning, there has been an almost constant movement of blackbird flocks flying west. Most flocks number between 50-100 birds and most have been Redwing Blackbirds. Lovely to hear and see on this fall like morning.So far I estimate about 1000 birds.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone