Date: 8/5/17 4:08 pm
From: Wim van Dam <wim.van.dam...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Santa Maria and Goleta Water Treatment Plants last week
I'm glad to read that fall migration has properly kicked off. My own
attempts this week to find something interesting have been less successful
though.

On Tuesday August 1 I checked Santa Maria Wastewater Treatment Plant but
there were barely double digits of WESTERN and LEAST SANDPIPER. Otherwise I
got 1 EARED GREBE (early, late?), 10+ BLACK-NECKED STILT, 7 LONG-BILLED
DOWITCHER, ~20 WILSON'S PHALAROPE, 1 SPOTTED SANDPIPER, ~25 GREATER
YELLOWLEGS, and no interesting ducks. Without a doubt this location will
get more interesting soon.

On Thursday August 3 I checked Goleta Sanitary District Plant, but there is
just too much water there to attract waders. The only bird of note was a
summering GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULL.

Wim van Dam (Solvang, CA)
---
SBCO #375: Gray Catbird