Date: 8/2/17 1:23 pm
From: Stephen Broker via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Falkner Island Tern
I see that I’ve opened up a potential hornets’ nest in my effort yesterday to provide information on viewing the Bridled Tern at Falkner Island. While I did state clearly that there is “Restricted Access!” that prevents landing on Falkner Island (part of the Stewart B. McKinney National Wildlife Refuge), I did not make it clear that my friend Frank Gallo had permission to be on the island and had made proper arrangements to be in the company of the refuge biologist and to assist in the banding work. My apologies to Frank Gallo and to Kris Vagos, wildlife biologist with McKinney NWR. As Kris Vagos has reminded us, "the island is closed to all visitors year-round except in September for the open house.”

For those who arrange a boat ride to Falkner Island, please do enjoy viewing the Bridled Tern from the boat while observing all clearly posted regulations.

Good birding,

Steve Broker
Cheshire