Date: 8/2/17 8:41 am
From: Derek Matthews <Derek.Matthews...>
Subject: [Tweeters] VARC Summer Blog!
I've just uploaded the VARC summer blog with all the activity from a busy period of monitoring and banding at Colony Farm.
Included in this blog are a photo essay on our hybrid Anna's / Rufous Hummingbird which wasn't the only hybrid hummer we caught! Also included is a photo essay on breeding characteristics and the characteristics of birds in juvenal plumage. Lots of great photos of baby birds, a Gray-headed Cowbird (check it out!), why Northern Rough-winged Swallows are called just that (rough-winged) and a nice story of a rehabbed Barred Owl release:

http://www.birdvancouver.com/blog_summer_2017.html

Derek

Derek Matthews
Vancouver Avian Research Centre