Date: 8/1/17 1:10 pm
Subject: Lesser Black-backeds at Sunset Beach last week

As I mentioned a few days ago, between July 23 and 27 I visited the east end of Sunset Beach, North Carolina, and found an amazing number of Lesser Black-backeds, one of which resembles L. f. heuglini. I've now posted a lot of photos of them to my old moribund gull web site.
There were at least seven Lessers, maybe eight. In contrast, in the four days I walked out there, there were a total of at most five Herring Gulls of various ages, and at most two Great Black-backeds. (Of course there were dozens of Laughing Gulls and the occasional Ring billed.)
The Lessers:    Lesser Black-backeds at Sunset Beach NC, July 23-27, 2017

| |
Lesser Black-backeds at Sunset Beach NC, July 23-27, 2017

The general web site: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__home.bway.net_lewis_birds_gulls.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=RfI1yF7bosI2ynoU3N1_ruzgM734xMtnB8d1PJFxb0g&s=3lgwNaFthTWtdODYazHRPJUdmmZJ6nnuCdwkDRXFAk0&e=
Bob LewisSleepy Hollow NY

Join us on Facebook!