Date: 7/31/17 10:23 am
From: <peachjmc...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET One Buff-breasted at Dunteman this morning
Found one Buff-breasted Sandpiper at same location at Dunteman Turf Farm in Kaneville at 11:05 am today (Monday) on south side of Main St. across (E) from grain elevator. Arrived at 10:27. Very difficult viewing (thru scope) due to heat waves and sprinklers. The sprinklers were turned off for awhile at 11:24. I would never have found the sandpiper if I had not seen it fly briefly so that I could see the wing pattern. Tried to relocate it again after the sprinklers were off but couldn't find it. But that doesn't mean it left-- just hard to sort thru all the Killdeer and fight those heat waves!
Joan Campbell
Downers Grove/DuPage
Birding in Kaneville

Posted by: <peachjmc...>