Date: 7/30/17 3:28 pm
From: G M ARCHAMBAULT <gm72125...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Re: hummingbird moth
I'm curious about Daan's photo, since I happened to be watching my own video of apparently the same species of Hemaris moth in Ethiopia, so I checked and they appear to be identical in the abdomen pattern.  As far as I know, this species is an Old World species.  There are about 2 dozen Hemaris moth species worldwide, with 4 or 5 reported from North America, but I am not sure which species is in Daan's photo.  Daan, can you verify this photo was taken in Massachusetts?  Thanks.  Does anyone on this listserv have any expertise or intel re the Hemaris group?  Thank you. -Ken Archambault, Birmingham, Alabama

On Sunday, July 30, 2017 3:41 PM, Daan Sandee <sandee...> wrote:

http://theworld.com/~sandee/jpg/hmot1.jpg
http://theworld.com/~sandee/jpg/hmot2.jpg

handheld, out of the kitchen window.
Posted to Massbird, with a "Subject: New ABA species ?"
That was in 2007.

Daan Sandee
Gloucester, MA
<ssndee...>