Date: 7/29/17 11:09 am
From: 'Lanny and Robin' <snowbunting...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Fwd: Re: Yoo Hoo bird
Nebraska birders,

A big thank you to T. J. I think he found it.
The sound recording is very faint but I think that is it.
Can anyone on the list find another recording that is louder/clearer?
According to the Xeno-Canto web site, Nick Komar made the
recording. I'm looking for contact information.

Robin Harding
Kearney County

--- Begin forwarded message:

From: "Walker, TJ" <thomas.walker...>
To: "<snowbunting...>" <snowbunting...>
Subject: Re: More on McCook birds
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 04:34:39 +0000

Think I got it, search "Sharp-tailed Grouse sounds" on google.

Scroll down to find Xeno-Canto and click on that link.

You will see a list of recordings, look in the description column for one that says call, juvenile.

At the far left side of that entry, click on the little triangle and listen closely.

T. J.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 28, 2017, at 9:24 PM, Lanny and Robin <snowbunting...> wrote:
>
> T. J.
>
> The yoo hoo bird looked like a Sharp-tailed Grouse. Now
> I wish we would have harassed it to make it fly. I've read
> that Sharp-tails are not common in that part of the state.
> Did you see many when you worked out there? I'm wondering
> if it was a hen calling to her young of the year. I may
> need to learn how to use an iPhone just to record such
> encounters.
>
> Robin

Posted by: "Lanny and Robin" <snowbunting...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)