Date: 7/27/17 8:53 pm
From: Jon Houghton <jon.houghton...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Marymoor - Slow and quiet two (too?)
Hi Tweeterdom - I had to take my car to Bellevue today so I figured that while they were racking up the charges, I'd have them drop me off at Marymoor where I could do a little wandering and see some of the great birds that Michael Hobbs and his excellent group of Thursday birders always see. Well, as Michael reported below, it was pretty quiet and slow today, and mid-day was more of both, than their earlier quest. By the time I got there (1100), there were no other birders to be seen. Many dogs in the off leash area, of course, but I was a little surprised to see that 80% of the dogs outside of that area , on the board walk out to the lake, we're also running free. I was a little disappointed (or vindicated?) that in the law 'n order Eastside, dog owners are no more responsible than in liberal Seattle!!

Ah well. I also made a brief stop at the Redmond ponds area where Blair refound the Solitary Sandpiper last evening. Three of us there could do no better than a tantalizingly dark Greater Yellowlegs. - Happy birding! - Jon Houghton, Edmonds