Date: 7/26/17 4:05 pm
From: Rick Tyler <rhtyler...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Solitary Sandpiper - "Redmond Retention Ponds" Perrigo Park - King County 7/26/17
Tweets,

I ran over to the pond as soon as I received Houston's email, but no luck
-- no solitary sandpiper, just the usual resident population of killdeer
and one least sandpiper. I'll stop by again after work today.

I'm pretty sure Houston and I saw different sandpipers -- the least was
conveniently standing next to a killdeer, and it was WAY smaller.

Rick Tyler

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 3:01 PM, Houston Flores <houstonflores...>
wrote:

> Hey Tweets,
>

> I saw what I'm pretty confident was an adult SOLITARY SANDPIPER this
> afternoon at the retention ponds north of Perrigo Park in Redmond. I
> didn't have my good binoculars, but it was pretty close in and it looked
> like a solid SOSA to me. I was expecting to see some of the recently
> reported yellowlegs, but this was smaller (similar sized to a nearby
> Killdeer), darker, smaller billed and had a conspicuous eye ring. It was
> on the southern shoreline of the main pond, just north of NE 95th St.
> Anyway, just thought I'd give a heads up to local birders.
>

> Good Migrations,
>

> Houston Flores
>
> Seattle, WA
>
> houstonflores AT hotmail.com