Date: 7/22/17 2:18 pm
Subject: Re: Whitetailed Tropicbird Walterboro SC?
Agree with Swallow-tailed Kite. A STK has the strongly angled wings and
shape of a frigatebird. Tropicbirds look like white pigeons, with shortish
wings, fast wingbeats, etc.; plus they are certainly in the area now. And,
a tropicbird would appear inland only during or after a tropical storm, and
none have been around this year so far.

Harry LeGrand
Raleigh, NC

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 4:39 PM, Christopher Hill <Chill...> wrote:

> I wonder about a Swallow-tailed Kite.
>
> C Hill
> Conway, SC
> > On Jul 22, 2017, at 3:09 PM, M Howell <carolinabirds...> wrote:
> >
> > A friend reported to me at 2:48 pm a Whitetailed Tropicbird sighted
> while riding on I95 just north of Walterboro (NE of Charleston). Described
> as looking like a smaller all white Frigatebird with black tips on the
> wings.
> >
> > Anyone else seeing this bird?
> >
> > Mae Howell
> > Goldsboro NC