Date: 7/22/17 6:03 am
Subject: Re: American Redstrart
Hi Brian. American Redstarts breed across NC...common in the mountains but
also fairly common to uncommon in the piedmont and coastal plain especially
in river bottom forests. I once found a nest along Crabtree Creek in
Raleigh, but I believe they are quite rare as a nesting bird in Wake
County.
John Connors in Raleigh

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 7:36 AM, Brian Pendergraft <carolinabirds...>
wrote:

> Now somebody is going to have to explain this one. I'm looking at an
> AMERICAN REDSTART (yellow one) 20 feet from me in my magnolia tree. I've
> never had one here in July. Seems REALLY EARLY to me. Local bird this
> summer?
>
> Brian Pendergraft
> Falls Lake NC
>
> Sent from my iPhone