Date: 7/21/17 3:02 pm
From: <blafley...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] 2017 Peregrine Nesting/Banding update
Last weekend while hiking on North Sugarloaf Mtn in S. Deerfield we stopped to enjoy the view at the west lookouts and soon had 3 (perhaps 4) very agitated Peregrines circling, calling and at one point they dive bombed us through an opening in the trees. We did not get the feeling we were welcome so we decided to move along to S. Sugarloaf.

Bill Lafley
New Salem
<Blafley...>

> On Jul 21, 2017, at 9:51 AM, Craig Gibson <cbgibson...> wrote:
>
> For those with an interest, a summary on the 2017 Peregrine Falcon nesting and banding season results:
>

> 42 total pairs likely nested, but 10 pairs were not monitored closely enough to know their outcome. At least 32 pairs laid eggs, of which 8 pairs failed, and 24 successful pairs fledged at least 53 chicks. A total of 40 chicks were banded from 15 nests. One chick was found injured after fledging and is still being treated at the Tufts Wildlife Clinic.
>

> This summary courtesy of Dr. Tom French at MA Division of Fisheries and Wildlife!
>

> Enjoy,
>
> Craig Gibson
>
> Winchester, MA
>
> cbgibson AT comcast.net