Date: 7/16/17 6:37 pm
From: Ronald- Thorn <Tronthorn...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Common Tern on San Francisco Bay at Oyster Point

Over the years, I have found a number of one year old Common Terns on San Francisco Bay in the month of July. So it was not a surprise
to find a one year old COMMON TERN on the jetty at Oyster Point in South San Francisco. The Common Tern was with ( 24 ) Forster's
Terns and ( 160 ) Elegant Terns. Most one year old Common Terns stay on the wintering grounds. Ones that do move north to California
are more likely to be found in southern California at this time of the year. The number of Elegant Terns noted is high for this time of the
year at Oyster Point.

On July 14, I noted the resident male Harlequin Duck on San Francisco Bay at Coyote Point. The Harlequin Duck has not been mention
in awhile. The Harlequin Duck at this time of the year is in it's definitive alternate plumage appearing more like a female.

Ron Thorn

Join us on Facebook!