Date: 7/16/17 6:31 pm
From: Gary Bowman <otus44...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Vigo Co White Ibis - No
We tried for the White Ibis on Kinnett Road west of Prairieton this morning.
Although we found at least 15 Great Egrets, a Solitary Sandpiper, many Purple
Martins, Barn, Tree, Cliff Swallows and others, we failed to find the ibis. We did
not wade down toward the end of the road so it could have been there hiding
out of sight.

We then continued north to Universal Mine and were treated to several Henslow's
Sparrows and a couple Sedge Wrens. Since we just checked the more southerly
side of the area, we didn't find any Upland Sandpipers.

An enjoyable morning and early afternoon.

Gary and Lisa Bowman, Vincennes

Join us on Facebook!