Date: 7/16/17 7:15 am
From: Michael Marsden <valleybirders...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge may be in trouble
This is being litigated at the moment. The Government is apparently
proposing to use the powers given it by the Secure Fence Act of 2006 (a law
passed, by the way, with the support of Hillary Clinton and Chuck Schumer)
to build the Santa Ana section of the wall. The Center for Biological
Diversity and Rep. Raul Graijalva (Dem - AZ) have already started a lawsuit
that would, if successful, require the Department of Homeland Security to
comply with the provisions of the National Environmental Policy Act and
other environmental laws before carrying out work under the 2006 Act.
On issues such as this the CBD (www.biological diversity.org) is by far the
most effective organization in the country and merits the support of all
Texbirders who care for the environment.

Michael

--
Michael Marsden
956-276-4409