Date: 7/15/17 8:57 am
From: Don Simons <Don.Simons...>
Subject: Re: strange songs from Indigo Buntings
Sometimes I hear indigos sounding very similar to rcsp. But only those sharing habitat with the sparrows. Maybe there is a bit of a mimic gene in indigos.

On a side note, we seldom see mockingbirds up here on the mountaintop. A few weeks ago I listened to one west of the lodge. He did excellent mimics of eastern bluebird, northern cardinal, and the "Deer, deer, deer,..." scolding call of a rufous-crowned sparrow.

Don