Date: 7/14/17 8:26 pm
From: <twilson...>
Subject: RE: [MBBIRDS] Monterey and around
Kent Johnson wrote: Does anyone, by the way, know when, if ever, Kirby Park will reopen? The gate has been locked the last four times I have been there.

Kirby Rd is closed due to storm damage. Go to www.elkhornslough.org <http://www.elkhornslough.org>

for a picture of the broken culvert (and the section of Elkhorn road that was closed for a few months)

There is a link to Monterey County Roads that says Kirby Rd is closed from “1-12-17 to indefinite” - they don’t know when it will be repaired. The list of closed roads has gotten much shorter, however, so there is hope.

Cheers,

Tricia Wilson

Elkhorn Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve

1700 Elkhorn Rd., Watsonville, CA 95076

(831) 728-2822 ex 313, <mailto:<twilson...> <twilson...>