Date: 7/7/17 2:08 pm
From: Norman Lavers <0000000a09e6b845-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: great loggerhead shrike video
Thank you for posting this.  A very nice video with such interesting behaviours.
We used to get shrikes coming to our yard on the edge of Jonesboro and they would take bits of meat off the fence in the winter. One either killed or more probably took advantage of a window collision Cardinal. We are seeing fewer these last few years.
Cheryl Lavers

On Friday, July 7, 2017 10:59 AM, Ragupathy Kannan <0000013b0ad14faf-dmarc-request...> wrote:

This is a phenomenal video of the Loggerhead Shrike, taken right here in Arkansas (near Marion) by Larry McPherson.  Includes some apparently never filmed behaviors, like the bird removing the gut of a grasshopper before eating, to avoid noxious chemicals.  Also includes wonderful footage of young practicing their impaling skills with leaves.  Our own Than Boves is mentioned in the acknowledgments.
THE LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE

| | |

| |
THE LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE
"Larry McPherson's beautifully executed film on the activities and vocalizations of a nesting pair of Loggerhead... |

KannanFt. Smith

Join us on Facebook!