Date: 7/7/17 7:05 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Townsend's Warblers in the Oregon Coast Range
I think Townsend's songs are fairly easy to tell apart from Hermit except
up in the hybrid zone where I have seen them doing each others song (south
central Cascades). Normally the singing Townsends I hear have the typical
song you mentioned though. The latest one I heard in Coos was actually in
North Bend on 29 May 2011.

Right now most all the Hermits I hear are doing the alternate song you
mentioned after finding their mate. I am working several days/week now in
the Coast Range.

A June Townsend in the Coast Range is a rare sighting for sure. Best to get
visuals on if possible.

Still lots of birds singing up there.

Yesterday was working along New River and had a few hundred Western/Least
Sandpipers fly by as well as G Yellowlegs. Also distant dowitchers feeding
at Bandon Marsh.

Happy birding!
Tim

Join us on Facebook!