Date: 7/6/17 5:29 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: Re: Townsend's Warblers in the Oregon Coast Range
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Tim Rodenkirk* <timrodenkirk...>
Date: Thursday, July 6, 2017
To: "<paultsullivan...>" <paultsullivan...>

Paul did you see the June Townsends? I have had Townsends in Coos up to the
very end of May but never in June. Been working in the Coos and Curry Coast
Range since 1988. Was ear birding by 1993 and really started to pay
attention to early and late dates in 1998.

By the way Hermits readily come down for tapes so it is not to difficult to
check.

Geoff Keller did a lot of recording in the Coast Range and loved to fool me
with Black-throated Gray songs that sometimes sounded like Hermits and
Hermits that sounded just like Black-throated Grays so I think they imitate
each others songs sometime. He always visually IDed birds he recorded.
Habitat differerences are really helpful though for sure.

Incidentally I hear this species from my yard this time of year as they
breed in the back of Mingus Park.

Tim Rodenkirk
Coos Bay