Date: 7/5/17 2:35 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] Wed morning, Eugene
We walked the trail along the Amazon Creek canal from the bridge on Fir Butte Road to Fern Ridge. Birds expected but did not see or hear, included Swanson’s Thrush, Red-shouldered Hawk, Red-breasted Nuthatch, Savannah Sparrow, Steller’s Jay, Black-throated Gray Warbler, kingfisher, and at least one shorebird. We could not, however, reach the edge of the reservoir for a broad scan, due to density of vegetation.

Canada Goose - 20
Duck sp. - 1
Ring-necked Pheasant - 1
Western Grebe - 2
Great Blue Heron - 1
Turkey Vulture - 10
Osprey - 2
Northern Harrier - 1
Red-tailed Hawk - 1
Mourning Dove - 1
Eurasian Collared Dove- 3
Anna's Hummingbird - 3
Rufous Hummingbird - 2
Acorn Woodpecker - 4
Northern Flicker - 2
Western Wood Pewee - 5
California Scrub-Jay - 6
American Crow - 2
Common Raven - 4
Purple Martin - heard
Tree Swallow - several always flying around; local nesting in boxes.
Violet-green Swallow - few identified as such
Barn Swallow - 3
Black-capped Chickadee - 8
White-breasted Nuthatch - 3
Bewick's Wren - 4
American Robin -12
European Starling - 15
Cedar Waxwing - maybe 10 singles or as pairs
Orange-crowned Warbler - 1
Common Yellowthroat - 4
Yellow-breasted Chat - 2
Western Tanager - 3
Spotted Towhee - maybe 10 plus several juveniles
Chipping Sparrow - 1 im
Song Sparrow - 6
Dark-eyed Junco - 1
Black-headed Grosbeak- 4
Lazuli Bunting - 1
Red-winged Blackbird - 1
Brown-headed Cowbird - 8
Bullock’s Oriole - 2
House Finch - 6
Purple Finch - 2
Lesser Goldfinch - pair nest-building 5 - 7 ft. in an rather isolated oak sapling by the canal.
American Goldfinch - 4
House Sparrow - few around properties.

Steven and Judy Franzen, Dennis Arendt, Scott McNeeley, Tom Cable, Steve Dignam, Pamela Carpenter, Cindy and Mark Armstrong, Sylvia Maulding, Kit Larsen, and Larry McQueen

Join us on Facebook!