Date: 7/5/17 1:08 pm
From: Kathleen Krall <krallfamily...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Murre die-off etc.
Jules,
Sender: <obol-bounce...>

COASST beach surveyors in Northern Oregon are reporting Common Murre "wrecks." See email below

"Hi Oregon COASSTers,

Over the weekend,(last weekend in June) we received reports of high numbers of Common Murres washing in to Northern Oregon beaches from Astoria to Newport. We are still unaware of the extent and magnitude of this event, but we wanted to alert you before you head out for your next survey. "

Kathy Krall
COASST surveyor for Oceanside

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 5, 2017, at 11:50 AM, Jules Evens <avocetra...> wrote:
>
> On a walk down Manzanita beach (south) this morning, 15 dead Common Murres (all adults) along 1/2 kilometer of shoreline. I assume food shortage, although they didn’t seem particularly emaciated. Anyone know what’s going on? Also, a half-dozen Heermann’s Gulls (all adults) flying north, all adults. It has been mentioned that young HEEGs are scarce to absent in California.
>
> Jules Evens
> Portland
>

> POST: Send your post to <obol...>

POST: Send your post to <obol...>